Instructions Before Endodontic Treatment
- If your physician or dentist advises antibiotic premedication because of mitral valve prolapse (MVP), heart murmur, rheumatic heart disease, or artificial joints, please make sure that you are on the appropriate antibiotic and correct dosage on the day of your appointment.
- Please advise our office of any medical conditions that may be of concern prior to your appointment (for example: latex or drug allergies, anxiety disorders, etc.)
- Continue taking all medications for blood pressure, diabetes, thyroid problems and any other conditions as recommended by your physician.
- If you are taking any blood thinning medications, please check with your physician to see if they should be stopped or continued.
- If your are pregnant, we must have a written consent to treat from your pyhsician.
- To aid in the proper diagnosis of your tooth, please do not take any type of pain medication at least 6 hours before your appointment.
- Please eat a full breakfast or lunch as applicable before your appointment.
- This procedure will be performed using local anesthesia. There are normally no restrictions after the procedure concerning driving or returning to work.
- If you have any questions, please call our office at (602) 840-3636 prior to your appointment.